Baldur’s Gate 3 releases patch update with additional ending scenes
Larian Studios, the developers of Baldur’s Gate 3, recently announced an upcoming patch in their latest community update. According to the studio, this would significantly improve the performance, execution and quality of Act 3.
Baldur’s Gate 3 has released the massive Patch 2 update which will reduce crashes, fix bugs, and optimize performance. It will also introduce changes to the UI, controller accessibility, and feature new quality-of-life changes.
Here are some highlights from Patch 2:
- Introducing Withers’ Wardrobe of Wayward Friends! You can now dismiss co-op party members from your campaign.
- Performance optimisations across the board.
- Reduced the size of savegames.
- Added a ‘Delete all but latest’ option for each campaign, so you can regain a little storage space wiggle room.
- Added new icons for equipped items! It’s easier to tell if they’re equipped by the selected character, one of your characters, or another player’s character. (Who’s hoarding all the interesting equipment?)
- Added item rarity filters to the inventory.
- Your Turn notification now lists which character’s turn it is.
- The character summary on Level Up will now update to reflect changes in ability scores.
- The Active Search list now persists after being opened and is more informative.
- Action Radial now creates containers for spells created by other spells, making them easier to manage.
- Fixed potentially getting stuck in combat because a player character cannot be selected to end their turn.
- Fixed an issue causing you to get stuck in dialogue with Angry Mar’hyah and Oyster Boy Dringo by the Sword Coast Couriers.
You can read the complete patch notes here.
Patch 2 will add an extra scene in the epilogue where Karlach decides to travel to Avernus. So, if Karlach is in your party at the end of the game and the Blade of Avernus invites you to go to the Hells with her, you will be presented with three options:
- Go with them
- Go alone with Karlach
- Let them proceed without you
Additional scenes with Karlach have also been added to Acts 1 and 2. These moments will allow her to reevaluate her infernal engine and the options presented to her. The developers’ team has also revealed that they are working on adding more endgame scenes with other characters.
Although Patch 2 is not as big as the first update in Baldur’s Gate 3, it will still introduce several changes which will improve the overall gaming experience. As long as issues in the game persist, we can expect more such updates in the future.
The Soft-Step Trial Walkthrough: Gauntlet of Shar – Baldur’s Gate 3